Recommended for any age 6 months + (and tasty for all the family too)
- Makes 2 batches, each serving 2 adults and 2 children
- Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 700g parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 250g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 litre low salt vegetable stock
- 250ml whole milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the parsnips, potatoes, apples and rosemary and stir to heat through. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use a hand blender to purée the soup until velvety smooth. Stir in the milk and heat through. Set aside half of the soup for freezing.
Tip:Divide into portion-size containers before freezing so you can defrost exactly the amount you need.
This can be messy for young children, but persevere - my son really loves it.