Swede, Sprouts & Pork Puree
Recommended for ages 6 months+
Makes 5 portions
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 1hour 10 mins
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 300g pork shoulder
- 300g swede, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 250ml apple juice
- 150g Brussels sprouts
- 150ml low-salt vegetable stock
- In a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes to soften. Add the finely diced pork and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the swede along with the apple juice, Brussels sprouts and vegetable stock. Cover and cook gently for 50 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- ip the whole lot into a food processor and blitz to a purée, smooth or chunky, depending on your baby’s age.
Tip: You can of course add or substitute your baby’s favourite vegetables. Parsnips work particularly well.