Beetroot, Pear & Apple Puree
Recommended for age 6-12 months
Makes 6 portions
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes
- 300g beetroot
- 450g apples
- 300g pears
- Peel, trim and dice the beetroot and place in a saucepan with 300ml water. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel, core and cut the apples and the pears into pieces that are about the same size as the beetroot. Add to the pan. Cover and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Tip the whole lot into a food processor and blitz to a purée.
Salmon, broccoli & pea puree
Recommended for 6-9 months
The salmon in this puree is a good source of vitamins and minerals, and easily introduces fish into your baby’s diet.
- 170g salmon fillet
- 200g brocoli florets
- 100g peas, fresh or frozen
- 35g soft cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C/GM4. Place the salmon fillet on a baking sheet, checking for and removing any bones. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam or boil the broccoli and peas until tender.
- Put the broccoli, peas, salmon and soft cheese in a food processor and blend to the desired consistency.
Rhubarb and Strawberry Puree
- 4 rhubarb sticks
- 200g strawberries
- Juice of one orange
- Roughly chop the rhubarb sticks and bake in the oven at 180°C/GM4 for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Remove the stalks of the strawberries and puree together with the rhubarb and orange juice.