Baby Bubble & Squeak
Recommended for 9-12 months
Makes approximately 5 portions
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 350g potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 250g carrots, peeled and diced
- 200g green cabbage, core removed
- 30g unsalted butter
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Cook for 25 minutes, adding the carrots after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely shred the green cabbage and then cut again in the opposite direction until you have small pieces. Add to the vegetables and cook for the final 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the drained vegetables.
- Using a fork, mix together and mash the vegetables over a low heat for 5 minutes, until you achieve the right consistency for your baby.
You can also substitute the carrots or cabbage for your little one’s favourite veg, or of course add more.